The MMLI has formed two external advisory boards, a Scientific Advisory Board and an Education and Workforce Development Advisory Board.
Scientific Advisory Board
The MMLI Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) meets annually and provides feedback to the Executive Committee on the MMLI’s progress in research, gives industry perspective on priorities for technical advances, and suggests new research directions when appropriate. The SAB is comprised of leaders and experts in artificial intelligence, chemical and biological synthesis, and outreach from academia, industry, and government.
The current SAB members are:
- Alan Aspuru-Guzik, Professor of Chemistry and Computer Science, University of Toronto
- Kyunghyun Cho, Associate Professor of Computer Science and Data Science, New York University
- Leroy Cronin, Regius Chair of Chemistry, University of Glasgow
- Klavs Jensen, Warren K. Lewis Professor of Chemical Engineering, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Marisa Kozlowski, Professor of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania
- Benji Maruyama, Autonomous Research Lead, Materials & Manufacturing Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory
- Emma Parmee, Global Head Discovery Science, Janssen Research and Development
- Wendy Young, Senior Vice President, Small Molecule Drug Discovery, Genentech
Education and Workforce Development Advisory Board
The MMLI Education and Workforce Development Advisory Board (EWDAB) meets annually and provides feedback to the Executive Committee on the MMLI’s progress in education, outreach, and workforce development and suggests new strategies when appropriate. The EWDAB will be comprised of members who represent expertise in education, outreach, and workforce development from academia, industry, and government. Members of the EWDAB will be announced soon!